Don't you just hate it when you've lost track of that post you were reading??

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Feeling Musical

                       The YMCA (origianlly by Villiage people, amended by Zara Haram)

"Young man, i know you feel hate
I said young man, because you have to wait
I said young man, don't get into a state
There's no need to be worried

Young man, there's a place you must be
I said young man, they'll check out your pee
You can stay there and they'll test you blood too
 It's a place thats good for you

they need to check your HBa1c
they need to check your HBa1c
They test everything so that know
 Whether you change your ratios"

                           Chiquitita(Original Lyrics by ABBA amended by Zara Haram)

"Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong?
Have you checked your blood's not too low
In your eyes there is a hint of another hypo
How I hate to see you like this
There is no way you can deny it
I can see that you're shaking and so quiet

Chiquitita, tell me the truth
I'm a shoulder you can lean on
Your best friend, you can't be scared to rely on
here have this glucose snack
Now I see you're starting to look better
I hope this won't go on forever"

                   The Show Must Go On (original Lyrics by Queen, Amended By Zara Haram)

"Diabetes - what are we living for
Injecting in places that sometimes get really sore
On and on, does anybody know what we are injecting for

Another hero, trying not to cry
Taking insulin, without which they would die
Help us now, does anybody want to try and find a cure?

The show must go on
The show must go on
Inside our hearts are breaking
Hypo's keep us shaking
But our smiles still stay on"

                     I Will Survive (originally by Gloria Gaynor amended by Zara Haram)

"first I was afraid I was petrified, when I found out I needed insulin to stay alive, but I spent so many nights wondering just what I did wrong, but i grew strong I learned how to get along.

I take a jab, eight times a day. and I take finger-pricks to keep ketoacidosis away, I check food for all those carbs, knowing that they are the key, if I don't get my ratio sorted it'll come back to haunt me

Say i didn't want to inject no more, I'd be flat out somewhere lying lifeless on the floor
if i didn't take my injections i would die,just trust me, no-one knows it more than I

 I will survive, as long as I have my insulin to help keep me alive
i've got all my life to live cause of all the jabs I have to give but I'll survive"

No comments:

Post a Comment